Sunday, September 4, 2011

Having a Blast

   I grew up learning how to shoot with handguns. I've always preferred them over rifles and shotguns, simply because of the simplicity of a pistol---you can throw it in your purse, in a backpack, or hide it somewhere if need be. Not that I'm encouraging anybody to do anything illegal, mind you---this applies only to people who have a legally obtained concealed carry permit. I'm just saying, I'd have a hard time finding a place to hide a rifle as opposed to hiding a handgun. I like something convenient.

   The kickback on a shotgun or a rifle can be a pain in the ass. Nothing hurts my shoulder worse. Of course, the kickback on a handgun can cause injury to your fingers. I've experienced that personally in my time.

   I guess it's all what you get used to. I did shoot a couple of .22s tonight though, so I think I may end up purchasing one of those. One was bolt action, the other was semi-automatic. They weren't loud, the kickback wasn't bad at all---but they do jam fairly easily, that's the only thing. I'm not fond of prying ammo out of a rifle.
 
   The .380 has always been one of my favorites, though. The lady's purse gun, I believe some call it. Now that is a powerful little bitch, and she has pretty intense kickback for a handgun.

   I don't know yet; I haven't decided. Someday when I'm financially able, I'll probably have a lot of both handguns and rifles or shotguns. If you have a favorite, feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment