Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's Almost That Time Again!

   Ahhh, yes. My favorite time of year (next to the beginning of summer). When the leaves begin to change, the weather gets slightly cooler to the point where jeans are more comfortable than shorts, and it's perfectly OK to grab a light jacket in the morning or later in the evening.

   I love fall. I hate winter, but I do love fall, spring, and summer. Fall ushers in one of my favorite holidays ever; my Christmas, aka Halloween. I fucking love Halloween. I always have, ever since I was a child. My father comes from religious crazy parents and he attempts to be fanatically God-stupid every now and then, so I wasn't allowed to trick-or-treat until my parents divorced. I wasn't allowed to even think about Halloween. But now I think about it all the time, even when it's not time for it to officially be here by the calendar on my wall.

   But the Spirit Halloween store is now officially open, and I've already started buying items there. I bought a studded headband the other week, and just this past weekend a life-size Freddy Krueger poster for my bedroom window. Although, I'm thinking I may just put it on the inside of my bathroom window since I don't have blinds there anymore. I'm not a fan of anyone watching me shower or wipe my ass.

   This is the perfect time of the year to buy makeup, earrings, and clothing that normally aren't sold for weirdos like me...and possibly you, since you are reading this, after all. And in about another month, nothing but scary movies will be on TV non-stop! A new TV show is also premiering on FX on October 5th called American Horror Story. I hope it will be good. I don't watch much TV, and it would be nice to know there's a new show I could follow. The question is, will it continue on after Halloween is over? If it's any good, I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment